Sunday, May 17, 2009

Communications

I've realized over the past couple of weeks that the way we communicate has changed drastically over the years. When I accepted the product manager position in Seattle I immediately wanted to share the news with all my friends and family on my blog and my Facebook profile, what better way to quickly share the news. Unfortunately I had to wait. The problem is certain notifications had to be made internally first so I had to wait. Waiting is not an easy thing for me but I did manage to wait a week until I posted anything on the Internet. I have been really touched by the emails and messages I have received since making the announcement last week. My ego has only gotten slightly bigger.

Now that I am back in London I have a ton of stuff to do. Yesterday I called Virgin Media to cancel my services in June. I was a little surprised when I picked up my phone and realized they had terminated the phone immediately - cable and Internet still work though. Luckily I have my mobile so I am able to stay in communication for the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I do not call the house anymore. Thank goodness for email and cell phones. Love Mom