Friday, May 15, 2009

4 Weeks and Counting

It's been a busy week. On top of all day meetings I had to find time to sneak in things I need for the relocation.
  • I met with a realtor and started looking at condos, I've gotten a good idea of where I do and don't want to be which is good and I'll resume the search when I arrive.
  • I've put a deposit down on temporary accommodation when I arrive while I look for a permanent place.
  • I have a bank account open with Chase, much easier opening the account here than opening the account in the UK, everything was done in 20 minutes.
  • All the paperwork to become a US employee again has been completed.
  • I've scheduled the movers to come and pack my belongings.
  • And most importantly I booked my flight. I decided to use all the BA miles I've accumulated in the 2.5 years living and fly first class. I had to buy a few miles to get the 75K that were required for the one way ticket but it was cheaper than buying a one-way economy ticket. My date of departure is June 12th.

The next 4 weeks are going to be a whirlwind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be great for you to be in first class.

June 12th wil be a day of celebration having all the Parzychs in the colonies again.

Have a good day

Dad

Anonymous said...

welcome back - you deserve first 1st class.