Friday, February 9, 2007

POETS Friday

I took a taxi home from the office as I needed to bring home one of my systems that's been sitting under my desk for 2 weeks. Had some rather interesting conversations with the taxi driver on the way home. He informed me that Friday's are referred to as POETS Friday's standing for "Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday. " That gave me a good chuckle.

The weekend does not hold much excitement for me. I get to organize all my paperwork for my accountant (gee that makes me feel so important), wait around at home for my debit card to be delivered, and maybe catch a game of rugby at the "local." I'm a little perturbed with Amazon, I ordered my television through them partly because they said it would be delivered this week. I got an email Wednesday evening saying that the delivery service would contact me within 48 hours to arrange delivery within the next 4 to 10 days. It's now officially 48 hours later and I haven't heard from the delivery company. I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised and my tele will magically appear tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath for this to occur.

Next week I start the road show for work. I'm in Germany and Switzerland next week - word of warning blogging may be spotty. I may actually have some time in certain cities to do a little site-seeing... we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poet's Friday interesting. Oh I shared the blog address with Long Island and I printed them off for grandma too. She says hello.