Sunday, June 28, 2009

Two Weeks In

It's really hard to believe that I've only been in Seattle for 2 weeks, ok to be precise it's been 16 days. It seems like it's been so much longer, probably because I've packed so much into this time. Before I go on any further here are some of the pictures I've been promising.

The apartment I'm currently staying in:




The hill I have to walk down and up every single day, I probably should have taken a picture from the bottom instead of from the top it really is steep:




You may notice that I haven't put up any photos of the place I'm looking to buy. I did take some yesterday during the home insepction but am holding off an posting them. The home inspection yesterday revealed some electrical concerns which need to be addressed hopefully I can get some answers early this week and everything will continue if not it's back to the drawing board - ugh! I'm keeping my hopes up but realize I may need to walk away from this if I don't get a good answer from the electrician.
The other not so good news I got on Friday was in regards to moving my stuff from storage in Boston. They've given me a time estimate of 7 -22 days, quite a wide range and you need to accept delivery if it's there within 7 days otherwise there are considerable charges. If the sale on the condo doesn't go through I may need to find a storage place and then bribe friends with food and drinks to help me move the stuff once I do find a place. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
The one good thing is in my wandering around today I stumbled across a furniture store that is going out of buisness so there are huge discounts. I was pretty impressed with the price and quality of stuff. I'll keep my eye out for other sales but I like the idea of a liquidation as there is no need to order and wait for stuf to arrive. I have to say I'm looking forward to going on a nice shopping spree.
That's it for now will keep you posted on what the electrician says.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oF COURSE, THE ROAD UP THE HILL LOOKS FLAT - BUT IT IS LIKE RIDING A BIKE - BOTH WAYS IT IS UPHILL AND THE WIND IS IN YOUR FACE.

hOPE THINGS WORK OUT IN THE CONDO IF NOT LIKE YOU SAID BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.
dAD

Anonymous said...

good luck with the electrician. Your place looks nice. Love Mom