Monday, November 10, 2008

My New Keyboard

Over the summer I got a new laptop for work, mine was 3 years old so it was time for an upgrade. The problem with the new laptop is it is a UK keyboard, I asked if the keyboard from my old laptop could be put in the new laptop but unfortunately they were different sizes. You might think there aren't that many differences as we do have the same alphabet but you would be wrong. The letters are all in the same spot the problem is the symbols are in different locations. The new keyboard requires me to think a little bit longer when typing. I've been using the same type of keyboard for over 20 years so trying to learn the new position of keys isn't all that easy.

I could go on and tell you about the differences but I figured it's time for a game of "Spot The Difference." There's only 1 rule to the game - how many differences can you see in the screenshots below.

US Keyboard



UK Keyboard




1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh goodie a game!
The @ and the " switched places, the # and ~ are in the wrong locations. And you have more money symbols. That's all I got.