Thursday, November 6, 2008

American's Abroad

Last night I went to a post-election party for Americans at the Texas Embassy in Trafalgar Square. I haven't see so many fellow expats in one place since I moved. I found myself faced with a couple of questions that I didn't have the answer to. While I do follow politics I guess I don't follow them as closely as some.

The questions I was not prepared for were:
  1. What percentage of the vote did Obama get in MA? According to CNN it's 63% I guessed it was around 60 so I wasn't too far off.
  2. How many votes does MA have? I honestly had no idea but I thought it was the low double digits and in fact it is 12.

I was also in the minority as most of the people had stayed up all night watching the results come in. Not me I went to bed and just caught the news first thing in the morning. After staying up to the wee hours of the morning the last 2 elections and not having a clear winner determined I decided I didn't need to see the state by state announcements.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That sounds like a fun time. Were they quizzing people or just asking questions in conversation?