Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lease Renewal

Earlier this month I received the paperwork to renew the lease on my flat, I thought about moving into a smaller place but I can't be bothered with packing and moving so I renewed. Instead of moving I decided to rearrange the furniture in my bedroom and am contemplating the purchase of a new sofa. For those of you who have been to my flat know that the sofa is the most uncomfortable thing in the world. Tomorrow I will go out and see how much a new sofa will cost, the one thing that is good about the sofa is the fact that it's a sofa bed so there is a place for visitors to sleep. Of course I am graciously giving up my bed at the end of the month when my next round of visitors come since one of the guests goes to bed at a very early hour (Can you guess who?). The problem with a new sofa is that I have to call the property management company to remove the existing one and I'm not sure if that will actually happen. I probably should call them first before I actually go out and look for a replacement but that would be logical. I wonder if I tell them that I am happy to leave the new sofa when I depart if that would make a difference?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that a "new" sofa left when you move would be an incentive. Not sure if they will want to move the old one.

Hope you and your new guests will enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday when you are together.

Will be spending time in Boston and then rushing home to pick up your guests.

Dad