Saturday, November 22, 2008

Luxury in Luxembourg

With all the travel I do I'm still surprised when I have firsts. The trip to Luxembourg on Thursday was not only the first time I went to Luxembourg but the first time I flew out of London City Airport. I think at this point the only London airport I haven't flown out of is Stansted. London City airport is conveniently located in the center of London or it's convenient if you live or work in the city. I figured taking a taxi into the city would be a hassle so I decided to take public transportation there. The way there wasn't too bad only about an hour. The way back took much longer as the trains weren't running quite as frequently or maybe it just seemed longer as all I wanted to do was get home.

The Luxembourg airport is rather small, so small that I had nobody in front of me at security and nobody behind me either. I can't remember that ever happening to me before, there's always at least 1 or 2 people somewhere nearby.

And the final and most important first is this is the first time I stayed in a hotel that was right next door to two adult entertainment centres - before you ask no I did not go in. As I was leaving to go to dinner I looked around the hotel to get my bearings to make sure I could find my way back and had to chuckle as I saw the big neon signs advertising the clubs.

Unfortunately I had less than 24 hours in Luxembourg and wasn't able to get around town and see anything all that means is that I'll have to go back sometime.

Finally I would like to sincerely thank my outsourcer for helping me post and keep the 30 posts in 30 days going. When I found out the wifi was down in the hotel I figured I would try and access blogger from my blackberry - no luck. I then remembered that there is a mobile blogging option where you can send posts in via email or mms - that however wasn't supported with the mobile carrier I was on. When all technology failed I had to enlist help.

No comments: