Questions you ask yourself
- What type of adoption is right for me?
- What characteristics/traits do I want in my child?
- What characteristics/traits don't I want?
- What would cause me to not move forward with the adoption?
- What have I gotten myself into?
- When will I be able to sleep again?
- Am I crazy?
Questions you get from others
- Why did you choose to adopt?
- How long was your child in foster care?
- Why was he/she in foster care?
- Aren't you worried there is something wrong with him?
- Are you sure you want to adopt an older child?
- How are things going?
- What can I do to help?
Questions your child asks you?
- Why can't I live with my birth family?
- Why did I choose you for a family?
- What happened to the family you were born to?
- Can you call my birth mom?
As I am writing this he asked the following questions:
- What are you doing?
- Why did you write a question mark?
- Who are you sending this to?
When I told him I was writing a list of questions he came up with these to be added:
- Who was the president in the 1940s?
- How poisonous is a black widow?
- Where did they make the first beer?
- How long did it take the Space Needle to get built?
- Which do you prefer an orange tree or an apple tree?
- What's the prettiest flower?
- What's our car - A Ford, a BMW, a Honda or a Toyota?
Note to self... don't write posts while junior is still awake.