Sunday, November 8, 2015

ABCs of Adoption: H is for Happiness

I figured I would lighten things up a little bit as some of the blog posts this week have  been difficult to write.  I don't want people to get the impression that adoption is all doom and gloom, there are some definite positives and happy times.  Sometimes it is hard to focus on the happy times but those happy times are what gets us through the stormy times.  

Below is a list of 10 things that make each of us happy.

My list:

  • My family
  • Cuddling
  • Books
  • Being able to travel
  • Sleeping in
  • Surprising others
  • Giving back
  • Wine
  • Spending time with friends
  • Bubble baths


Dave's list of things that make him happy:  

  • Christmas music
  • Going pee when I've had to hold it for a while
  • Money
  • Sleeping in
  • Pumpkin beer
  • Fremont brewing
  • Showing friends around Seattle
  • Steeler football
  • Iowa State Basketball
  • Traveling

Junior's list of things that make him happy (he actually gave me 11):

  • Ice cream
  • Christmas
  • Soccer
  • Boats
  • The sun
  • Movie theaters
  • Gold ribbons
  • Money
  • Master Chef
  • Cooking
  • Smiling
I don't know what it says about my husband and son that I am nowhere on the list.   When I mentioned that junior informed me that mom, dad, the dog and the cat are also on his list of what makes him happy.   Dave then decided he wanted to add Red Rocks to his list.    

2 comments:

Amy said...

Callan has a list too:
Family, legos, tv, video games, resting, sleeping, cookies, candy, swinging and games.

Dawn said...

Great list Callan.