- Bathtime is hard. Baths are generally too short, I use the wrong shampoo, or sometimes even the wrong tub.
- Bedtime is harder. Every night he wants to sleep in our bed. This is not an option.
- Paddy is finally learning to play fetch by watching us play football in the back yard.
- It is hard playing football with my son and fetch with Paddy at the same time.
- Band aids make everything better.
- Junior is super smart. He quickly learned that we write down things we need to buy at the store on a chalk board. He has written down a Lego batmobile and washcloths as apparently we do not have enough of these.
- I need to figure out more creative ways to say no.
- It is very difficult to hear some of the things he has to say. I imagine this is only going to get harder as he learns to trust us more and shares more.
- I'm a little jealous that he seems to be calling Dave "dad" periodically but I'm still not mom.
- Spontaneous hugs are awesome. We don't get them frequently but when we do they rock.
- He takes after me in that he loves photography. Here is a photo he took on our first family vacation.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
I have been a mom for 9 days and have learned quite a bit in that time. Here is just a sampling: