Sunday, June 29, 2008

My First 5K

As you may remember I signed up for a 5K to raise money for cancer research. I managed to finish without any problems today. At first it looked like it may rain but as the start time neared the clouds cleared and there were blue skies. I walked the race with 2 friends and we finished in 51 minutes. We didn't push ourselves too hard just gabbed and gossiped along the way. Afterwards was a nice lunch along the Thames.

It was very motivating to see 5,000 women all walking and running. Some people really get into it and wore tutus, grass skirts, cowboy hats, I even saw somebody in a cow suit! I did manage to fire off a couple of shots plus got 1 of me just to prove I actually did it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! See you soon. Have a good time at Disney.