Saturday, June 21, 2008

American BBQ

Over the weekend I threw my first party with an American theme of course. A BBQ with macaroni and cheese, ribs, BBQ chicken, Boston baked beans, s'mores and beer. It was a challenge trying to find the beer. The stores only seem to carry Budweiser and I personally refuse to drink or buy that. I did manage to find an on-line site that imports beer from around the world I was very pleased to see they carried Sam Adams and Anchor Steam (unfortunately the Sierra Nevada was sold out). I was even lucky enough to find a party store that carried American flag plates, cups and flags to decorate with.




I've come to realize that you can make boatloads of money running an import business. The beer was sold by the bottle so 2.5 cases ran close to 100 quid including delivery charges. Other charges for some of the imported speciality products - double-stuff oreos almost 6 quid, graham crackers for the s'mores 4.50.

Speaking of the s'mores those were definitely a challenge to make. As I didn't quite have room in garden for a campfire I decided to attempt to roast the marshmallows over the grill. Surprisingly enough it worked rather well I only lost 1 into the grill which I should probably clean out before I use it again. All in all I think the party was a success

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like it was fun. Did people enjoy the smores? I'm surprised you had such a hard time finding the beers.