Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!

As you can see I'm just a little bit excited. I was able to get into my flat this morning. The estate agents were quite apologetic about the mishap and quite accomodating today. They checked to make sure the hotel I stayed in was OK and after I left they came running out and said they would drive me to pick up my bags and move in!

The only minor problem was the lights upstairs weren't working. I called the management company and they walked me through finding the fuse box. It turns out that if a light bulb blows then it trips the fuse. After about 5 minutes of searching I found the fuse box, flipped the switch and sure enough the hallway lightbulb is not in working order. At least I figured this out before it gets dark.

I headed to the office to take care of a few things since I don't currently have any phone or broadband access at home. I'll put in a few good hours and then I have to go to TK Maxx (the UK version of TJ Maxx) to buy sheets, pillows and towels for the AM.

I head to Amsterdam tomorrow morning for a couple of meetings. I'll take some pics of the flat tonight and maybe of Amsterdam if there's time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are in your own place. I am looking forward to seeing pictures. Have a safe trip to Amsterdam.