Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Hurry, don't wait, book your tickets now... the London 2012 Olympics are 2012 days away.





I took a couple of photos of the apartment where I'm staying so you can see what I am temporarily calling home. I spent the majority of the day trading emails back and forth with estate agents to schedule time to view some flats so I can have a permanent home. I have appointments to see about 9 different flats in the Richmond/Kew area tomorrow. It will be a busy day and hopefully I can say I have a home by the end of the day.




You have to move fast here as the good flats are quickly picked off the market. The one that I was most interested in was available this morning and by the afternoon it had been let. Although I would like to find something permanent for February I am willing to look at flats available during March. I don't want to take something that's marginal just because it is available now.



Everything that I'm looking at is within walking distance of the trains and or tube station. It's unfortunate that some estate agents will only publish one picture of a place which makes it hard to determine if it will meet my high standards. I'll give you all the gory details of the apartment viewings in a later post.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Have fun tomorrow. Rentals in real estate are definitely a contact sport. Be ruthless. And good luck!

Anonymous said...

Apartment hunting how exciting. hope you find what you want. Keep us posted.

Melissa said...

Guess what this is a London webpage BECAUASE, mom just posted (8:56pm January23) and it says tomorrow at 1:56.. HEHEHE! Very interesting. Gotta love my nack for numbers. OMG I am just so funny today. :) Hopefully be able to chat with you this weekend.

PS I found you on sype, but you need to change your country to the correct country that you are residing in. :):)

Amy said...

OMG Melissa, You are such a dork!

Melissa said...

Why the heck am I a dork? I was just being ummmm... ok fine I was being a dork. :) But what is new?