- House rules - yes we have to create rules for the house.
- A plan drawing out the emergency evacuation route.
- A worksheet documenting every time a child is given medicine.
- Documentation that we are a tobacco free home.
- Consent that we will install an appropriate car seat/child carrier if needed.
In the packet was also a checklist of all the things we need to do to the house to pass the home inspection
- All alcohol has to be stored in a locked cabinet
- All medicine (even over the counter) has to be in a locked cabinet
- An escape ladder needs to be available on the second floor (not installed but available in case of an emergency)
- Emergency numbers and poison control information is posted by the phone.
- 5 pound fire extinguisher installed in a visible location.
There is lots to do to prepare the house for the inspection.