Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tokyo For a Day

In August I headed to Asia for a business trip, I had about a 24 hour layover in Tokyo which was just enough time to sleep, eat some excellent food and see a tiny bit of the city.  Tokyo is definitely a place I want to go back to and see more of.

I stayed at the Tokyo Station Hotel very convenient for getting the Narita Express into and out of the city.   By far my favorite feature of the hotel was the toilet.  The seats were heated and the controls were fully automated, you could lift and lower the seat with a touch of a button.   I think a toilet like this would be fabulous in our new house.  


On Sunday morning I wandered around the Imperial Palace and Edo Castle.   The Nijubashi Bridge is a big tourist attraction, even at 8 AM on a Sunday morning.









The mixture of old and new buildings in this area was impressive, Turning around this is the view.


A little bit further down the way you can see skyscrapers behind the Keeps.



I saw signs everywhere that reminded me of Dave.





I really wanted to ride in one of these but sadly this will have to wait for the next trip.




And what would a trip be without food.   When I arrived I was exhausted and wasn't paying much attention to where I was going to eat.  I ended up wandering into a place that had no sushi or ramen.   The biggest challenge was the menu had no English translation.  Luckily there were pictures so I just pointed and hoped for the best, luckily the food was good.  
 Waking up at 7 AM on a Sunday there aren't a lot of places open.  I did manage to find a cafe and had a hard boiled egg and a ham and cheese baguette.  

For lunch I followed the recommendation of a friend and ended up at Tofuro.  I highly recommend it.  The ramen and sushi were both delicious.

 




As much as I wanted to I decided to not eat at this place.  

No comments: