Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

For as long as I can remember I've known I wanted to be a mom.  Did I think I would become a mom for the first time in my 40's absolutely not.   I watched my sisters become mom's and as happy as I was for them I was a tiny bit jealous.   When they were becoming moms I was at a place where I  was giving up on my dream of motherhood for a guy that didn't want kids. After that relationship ended I figured I would end up a single mom by choice and started researching adoption, then I met Dave and I put those plans on hold again.

Now here I am within arms reach of my goal of becoming a mom.   It's weird knowing that our kids are out there somewhere and next year at this time we will hopefully be celebrating mother's day as a family.   Do I know what kind of mom I'm going to be no - but I hope that  learning from the examples of my grandmother, mom and sisters I will be a good listener and somebody that my children will look up to.


2 comments:

Heather P said...

You're going to be the best kind of mom there. The kind who loves her children more than anyone or anything else. The kids don't who will always both support her kids, and catch them when they fall. The kind who teach them that they can do anything they dream if they put in the effort. The kind that every other mom will will look up to, respect, and strive to be more like. Happy pre-Mother's Day...love you!

Sealiz said...

You are going to be an AMAZING mother! You have patience, down-to-earthiness, a droll sense of humor, and because you have WANTED to be a Mom for so long you'll be great.