Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4: Dress Shopping

Saturday was a big day, I went out in search of the perfect wedding dress.





As I was going dress shopping in Seattle I had to start the day at a local landmark.





Another Seattle landmark - destination the wedding quite.





I was offered a pair of spanx to use when trying on the dresses. I love that they come with a hole in the crotch. Is this to help you pee or for easy access?





Originally I thought I wanted something like this. While I liked the dress this wasn't the one.




$755 Manolo Blahnik pumps. I would break my neck in these heels, not to mention there is no way I am spending that kind of money on a pair of shoes.





I tried on a couple of Carmen Marc Valvo dresses for my mother. I was pretty sure going in that these weren't my style and putting them on solidified that.




This is it the perfect dress and head piece. Isn't it so me?





Just kidding I'm not posting a picture of the actual dress. That will have to wait until August.


Dress shopping sure works up a thirst and makes me hungry. A nice salad and glass of wine at the cafe to top off the afternoon.









Disclaimer: All pictures of me were taken by my friend Jill. All other photos were taken by me.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the spanx are for dual purpose.. I mean come on its your wedding night. :)

Cyn said...

This is wonderful! Love being able to watch your planning!

liz said...

I think it is hilarious that you are Blackberrying while trying on your wedding dress!

Dawn said...

@Liz that was me sending pictures to my mom and sister. They were virtually shopping with me :)

Amy said...

I love the one you decided on, but I also like the two on the left in your first picture. For any futre weddings.