Sunday, September 6, 2009

Steps to Becoming a Seattlite

This weekend I took a couple of steps towards becoming a true Seattlite. I attended Bumbershoot on Saturday and registered to vote. Bumbershoot is a music and arts festival that takes place Labor Day Weekend at Seattle Center - bands, comedy shows, food, and more. I ended up leaving before the evening bands took the stage as I was exhausted after being there from when the gates opened. I think in the future I'll go a little later in the day.

While I was at Bumbershoot I finally registered to vote. King County board of elections was there and I got myself registered. I noticed that there was no place to register for a party which I liked. I also found out that all voting is done by mail no need to go to a polling place you can vote in the comfort of your own home.

All that's left now in my transition to a west coaster is to get my WA state drivers license. I was informed by a friend last week that you have 30 days upon arrival to get a license since I've missed that deadline I may have to retake my driving test - yuck. I'll be going to the DMV on Tuesday to see what needs to be done.

No comments: