Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's a Hard Knock Life

I completed my last business trip of the year yesterday and it was a doozy. Woke up at 3:45 went to Luton airport, flew to Paris. Took 1.5 hours to get to the office due to traffic, had meetings all day then back to the airport to return home. Luton airport doesn't have the IRIS scanners so I had to queue with all the other non-EU passport holders, unfortunately the flight just before mine was filled with a number of people that didn't speak English which made the queue move very slowly as they had to try and find translators, luckily one of the passengers agreed to translate. As we were all patiently waiting this American woman comes walking past everybody and says excuse me but my taxi is waiting for me outside can I go ahead of you. Myself and a couple others responded that we were all in the same situation and no she could not go ahead. She ended up just standing behind me. After traffic on the motorway due to construction I finally got home around 11:30.

This week I decided to treat myself to a little present. In January I'll be heading to Singapore for a week (yes for work) and have booked myself a business class seat on the new A380! I had to pay for the upgrade but from what I've heard it will be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know all about the Airbus!! Make sure you take photos! I'm sooooo jealous! :¬)