Friday, June 5, 2015

400th Post

What a milestone!  In some way it is hard to believe that I have managed to come up with that many unique things to say.  But then again this blog has served multiple purposes and has been in existence for 7.5 years.

I've tried to think of something monumental to write about for this post but then life happened and came up with something for me.  This blog has seen me through multiple moves London to Seattle to Denver and now another move is on the horizon for us.  Back to Seattle.  

After only 2 short years in Denver it is sad to be leaving but after some long hard discussions we have come to the decision that this is what is best for our family.  

I have never had some grand master plan for my life. I take opportunities as they have been presented to me and every decision I have made has brought me to where I am today.   I believe that if I had taken a different path in the past my life today would be very different.

  • If I stayed teaching in NY instead of moving to Boston I wouldn't have had an amazing career that would move me to London and then Seattle.  Not to mention the great friends I have made along the way. 
  • If I hadn't agreed to a blind date I wouldn't have met Dave and gone on many adventures with him.  
  • And finally if we hadn't moved to Denver we wouldn't have junior.  I whole heartedly believe that we were meant to move to Denver to find Junior and make him a part of our family.  
We are all excited to be moving and starting this next chapter in our lives.   We will be finalizing the adoption before we move and will be making a fresh start in Seattle.   Tonight junior made a comment that this is the first time he will be moving as a family.  Previously all of his moves have been him leaving a family, this time and every time from now on he moves with his entire family. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that your moves took you to our little neighborhood, sad that you are leaving, but it sounds like it is a great thing. Love what Junior said. We will be sad to see you go.