Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 33: Triday

I just love getting up at 5 AM on a Sunday followed by strenuous exercise. Today was the triathlon I've been training for. This year I decided to do a longer distance tri but still a sprint the total distances were 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike and a 5K run. That's a lot of exercise for early in the morning. The weather was perfect today about 60 degrees the water was about the same temperature so it wasn't all that cold. I always find the biggest challenge of the swim dealing with all the other swimmers. I've gotten much better at getting around people and getting my own space. Overall I was very pleased with my times, I actually did much better than I thought I would. I was expecting to be a little over 2 hours I had assumed 20-25 minutes for the swim, 55-60 minutes for the bike and 45 minutes for the run plus time for transition. I was quite surprised when I ended in under 2 hours. Here are all the pertinent stats:

Clock time: 1:53:28
Overall place: 976/2036
Division place: 120/207
Swim: 19:00
Swim rank: 444
Transition 1: 6:59
Bike: 45:53
Bike rank: 799
MPH: 15.6
Transition 2: 2:22
Run rank: 1455
Run: 39:12
Pace 12:38


And now onto the picture. This is what I treated myself to after the race. My body was so sore and was in need of grease and sugar. Dork burger (duck and pork), banana cream ice cream sundae and sweet potato fries.






That concludes all of the photos that I took today. But I'm sure some of you are interested in seeing pictures of the race so now onto some of the photos that Dave took of me.



Wondering if I still have time to change my mind here.




I'm somewhere in the water can you spot me. I'm not sure where I am so if you can spot me you're better than I am.





Returning from a nice ride across I-90





The end is in sight.


Thankfully I didn't actually need the first aid tent.























2 comments:

Liz said...

WOW! Congratulations! QUITE the accomplishmnet!

Sheila said...

Great job and great pictures! Congratulations!